Ready to Go!
In October 2014, I will leave the United States for Africa! The Lord has been preparing me to relocate to South Sudan for a couple years and I am very excited to embark on this new journey. My first year will be devoted to learning the language and the culture. I will be living with a South Sudanese couple, Aciec and Awek, and their three children. Follow this link to meet Awek: http://everyvillage.org/radio. Click on the video and meet my host sister!
A language teacher will work with me my first year and after twelve months, I should be fluent in Dinka! Then, God willing, I will venture West to an unreached area of Northern Bahr el Ghazal, South Sudan.
Thank you so much for your partnership in the ministry. Without you, I wouldn't be going to South Sudan. Thank you for being a part of the mission, and sending me into the harvest field!
Please pray for:
- These last few months as I wrap up real estate transactions, sell my home and prepare to move
- My language learning. That I may learn Dinka quickly and become competent to share the truths of the Gospel
- Political stability in South Sudan
- Wisdom and knowledge in ministry and how best to serve the Dinka
- Health and stamina in the hot temperatures
- A servant's heart
Luke 10:2 "He told them, "The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field."